The Group Gives Back project recently helped to raise approximately $4,000 in gifts for needy families and charitable causes across Northern Colorado. Forty administrative staff at The Group Inc. each received $50 from the company, with the charge of using the money to help a worthy cause in the community. The company’s initial gift – totaling $2,000 – combined with the creativity of the staff, eventually doubled to around $4,000.
In one case, 12 Group employees combined their funds with matching donations from Group Realtors to assemble $1,200. The funds were then used to help two needy families buy shoes, coats, blankets and food. An alliance of eight employees leveraged their $400, getting Realtors to contribute another $1,200. The resulting $1,600 was donated to the Homelessness Prevention Fund.
Among the other distributions:
• Twelve employees pooled $600 to buy two $300 gift cards for needy families.
• One employee matched her own $50, and then donated $25 each to Pets Forever, Northern Colorado Chapter of the MS Society, the Northern Colorado Alzheimer’s Association, and the Northern Colorado Aids Project.
• One contributed $50 to a church fund that’s used for urgent community needs.
• One donated $50 to Hearts and Horses, and also joined the organization as a volunteer.
• One provided $50 to buy dog and cat food for a no-kill animal shelter.
• One gave $50 to Puppy’s Voice.
Eric Thompson, President of The Group Inc., said “The idea for The Group Gives Back initially came from OtterBox who had a similar program for their employees. I thought it was a perfect fit for our company and was really excited to see creativity and teamwork that our staff used to touch quite a few lives here in Northern Colorado. This is a place that has given us so much and we are honored to play a role in giving back to those who are in need.”